The Wishbone Foundation is filling a need that has gone under-served. There are several establishments providing support for families after they leave the hospital, but there is not an organization currently dedicated to providing the training and support for the labor and delivery teams at no cost to them.
Two Days of Bereavement Training
The two day training will incorporate specific cases, a parent panel, small group breakout sessions, and comprehensive bereavement skill training that is led by experienced bereavement nurses and doctors of psychology. We strive for every attendee to walk away with confidence and new skills to support grieving families.
Dr. Stacey Bromberg, PhD | clinical psychologist with a specialty working with children and families dealing with grief and loss
Lori Adams, BSN, RNC-OB, C-EFM | perinatal nurse educator and lead instructor for Wishbone Foundation bereavement training
Dr. Jennifer Harned Adams, PhD | clinical psychologist with specialties in women’s reproductive health and healthcare provider burnout
Next Training- September 26 & 27, 2018
8:00 am- 4:00 pm
Daniels Fund, 101 Monroe St. Denver CO 80206
(Register using the form below)
- Wishbone Registration is $50.00
Continuing Education Credits
- Continuing education hours approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing
- Provider #14321, 13.5 Contact Hours
- How to handle bereavement and logistics of loss from miscarriage, stillbirth, and early infant loss
- How to interact with families who have experienced loss
- What to say or not say throughout the process
- Working with loss and life simultaneously
- Creating and understanding the importance of mementos
Healthcare Provider Support
- Stress management
- Support systems
- Networking with other nurses from other hospitals
Sorry, we're reached our maximum enrollment for the next bereavement training. Join our email list and be the first to know when we announce new training dates.