Development & Donor Relations Manager
This position will be responsible for the duties involving donor relations, and administration of all development activities for the Wishbone Foundation, including individual giving, corporate and foundation support, fundraising events, and grants.
Facilitate, with assistance from the Executive Director, development and implementation of an annual development strategy to achieve associated financial goals for the following priorities:
- Work with Executive Director on Special Events- Attend all fundraising events.
- Quarterly fundraisers – Golf tourney, Brewery, Luncheon, Work-out, etc.
- Secure financial support from individuals, foundations and corporation
- Assist in developing a recurring donation strategy
- Develop and monitor Mid & End of year Ask Campaigns
- Regularly update donor database and manage reporting
- Conduct prospect research for new funding opportunities
- Maintain grant calendar of upcoming application and reporting deadlines
- Compile necessary materials for grants and write narratives in collaboration with the Executive Director
- Monitor and track organization’s programs for grant reporting on budgets and progress towards program metrics with assistance from the Executive Director
- Provide a high level of donor stewardship and cultivation by thanking mid-level and new donors and ensuring we achieve our goals in fundraising, donor retention and development
- Meet with prospective donors and supporters with the Executive Director to establish relationships
- Grow major gifts programs including identification, cultivations and solicitation of major donors
- Develop and maintain volunteer and engagement program
- Assist Executive Director with marketing and communication duties
- Other organization assigned duties as needed
A Bachelor’s Degree and 2-5 years of experience in marketing, event management, and/or fundraising is required. Preference will be given to candidates with a long-term interest in fundraising, marketing, and/or non-profit management. The Development & Donor Relations Manager must be exceptionally organized, detail-oriented self-starter who is personable and has outstanding written and verbal communication skills. He or she must have the ability to multi-task and adjust to seasonal or event-related fluctuations in workload.
While training and management support will be provided, the Development Manager must possess the ability to work autonomously and with limited direction. He or she must have an ability and willingness to interact with the public and must also have the ability to lift event boxes, tables and chairs that can weigh 25-30 lbs. Like all our employees, the Development Manager is expected to contribute to a culture based upon respect, teamwork and collaboration. Adaptability, creativity, and a passion for the mission of the organization is extremely important. Candidates must be okay with sensitive and disheartening stories and information.
Reporting & Other Details:
The Development Manager reports to the Executive Director. This is a part-time salary position (10 hours per week) that requires periodic evening and weekend work. Other responsibilities may be required by the Board of Directors or Executive Director to fulfill the mission and goals of our organization.