Executive Director Position
The Executive Director is the key management leader of the Wishbone Foundation. The Executive Director is responsible for overseeing the administration, programs and strategic plan of the organization. Other key duties include fundraising, marketing, and community outreach. The position reports directly to the Board of Directors.
1) Board Governance: Works with the Board in order to fulfill the organization mission.
- Responsible for leading the Wishbone Foundation in a manner that supports and guides the organization’s mission as defined by the Board of Directors.
- Responsible for communicating effectively with the Board and providing, in a timely and accurate manner, all information necessary for the Board to function properly and to make informed decisions.
2) Financial Performance and Viability: Develops resources sufficient to ensure the financial health of the organization.
- Responsible for the fiscal integrity of the Wishbone Foundation, to include submission to the Board of a proposed annual budget and monthly financial statements, which accurately reflect the financial condition of the organization.
- Responsible for fiscal management that generally anticipates operating within the approved budget, ensures maximum resource utilization, and maintenance of the organization in a positive financial position.
- Responsible for fundraising and developing other resources necessary to support Wishbone Foundation’s mission.
3) Organization Mission and Strategy: Works with board and staff to ensure that the mission is fulfilled through programs, strategic planning and community outreach.
- Responsible for implementation of Wishbone Foundation’s programs that carry out the organization’s mission.
- Responsible for strategic planning to ensure that Wishbone Foundation can successfully fulfill its Mission into the future.
- Responsible for the enhancement of Wishbone Foundation’s image by being active and visible in the community and by working closely with other professional and private organizations.
4) Organization Operations. Oversees and implements appropriate resources to ensure that the operations of the organization are appropriate.
- Responsible effective administration of Wishbone Foundation operations.
- Responsible for the hiring and retention of competent, qualified staff.
- Responsible for signing all notes, agreements, and other instruments made and entered into and on behalf of the organization.
- A bachelor’s degree
- Transparent and high integrity leadership
- Five or more years senior nonprofit management experience
- Solid, hands-on, budget management skills, including budget preparation, analysis, decision-making and reporting
- Strong organizational abilities including planning, delegating, program development and task facilitation
- Ability to convey a vision of Wishbone Foundation’s strategic future to staff, board, volunteers and donors
- Knowledge of fundraising strategies and donor relations unique to nonprofit sector
- Skills to collaborate with and motivate board members and other volunteers
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to interface and engage diverse volunteer and donor groups
- Demonstrated ability to oversee and collaborate with staff
- Strong public speaking ability
Actual Job Responsibilities:
- Planning and operation of annual budget.
- Establishing employment and administrative policies and procedures for all functions and for the day-to-day operation of the nonprofit.
- Establish and maintain relationships with various organizations throughout the state and utilize those relationships to strategically enhance Wishbone Foundation’s Mission.
- Report to and work closely with the Board of Directors to seek their involvement in policy decisions, fundraising and to increase the overall visibility of the Foundation throughout the State.
- Supervise, collaborate with organization staff.
- Strategic planning and implementation.
- Oversee organization Board and committee meetings.
- Oversee marketing and other communications efforts.
- Review and approve contracts for services.
- Other duties as assigned by the Board of Directors.