The Wishbone Foundation is filling a need that has gone under-served. There are several establishments providing support for families after they leave the hospital, but there is not an organization currently dedicated to providing the training and support for the labor and delivery teams at no cost to them.
Wishbone 2.0 Bereavement Training
The training will incorporate educating parents on grief, how to handle the unknown, and comprehensive skills to build your bereavement teams. We strive for every attendee to walk away with confidence and new skills to support grieving families.
Dr. Stacey Bromberg, PhD | clinical psychologist with a specialty working with children and families dealing with grief and loss
Lori Adams, BSN, RNC-OB, C-EFM | perinatal nurse educator and lead instructor for Wishbone Foundation bereavement training
Dr. Jennifer Harned Adams, PhD | clinical psychologist with specialties in women’s reproductive health and healthcare provider burnout
Sarah Kuenne RN, C-EFM | labor and delivery nurse and OB bereavement coordinator
Must have completed 2 day bereavement training
Next training is scheduled for 4/13/2020.
Location: PPA Event Center 2105 Decatur St. Denver, CO 80211
Continuing Education Credits
- Continuing education hours approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing
- Provider #14321, 7 Contact Hours
- How to handle bereavement and logistics of paperwork and mementos
- How to interact with families who have experienced loss
- What to say or not say throughout the process
- Working with loss and life simultaneously
- Creating and building your bereavement teams
Healthcare Provider Support
- Stress management
- Support systems
- Networking with other nurses from other hospitals